Cristo Homes has teamed up with UltraSync to bring you SmartHome. SmartHome is a smart, cost-effective security and lifestyle management app that you can use on your smartphone to control your day-to- day activities from your fingertips. The SmartHome mobile app is available for both IOS and Android devices.
The mobile app has 6 parts. The overview, Lights, Thermostats, Cameras, Door Locks and Sensors. We will dive into the details of each of these.
- Overview - The overview is the page you are taken to when you first log in to the mobile app. It allows you to quickly check your system status, arm/disarm and trigger automations from anywhere.
- Lights – Feel free to turn off and on lights at any time. This comes in handy if you’re out of town for a long period of time and want to give the illusion to would-be intruders that somebody is in the home. Also, if you leave for work and forgot to turn off the lights, you can do that from your phone to help save on the electricity bill.
- Thermostats – Similar to most modern thermostats, you can schedule your thermostat to save energy at times when you’re not going to be home. If you accidentally turned your thermostat off and are due to arrive home, you can quickly turn it on an hour before arrival to make sure that the home is comfortable when you arrive.
- Cameras – View live and recorded videos from your home security cameras from anywhere. Did you leave the kids with a nanny for a night out? Check in on them at any time from anywhere.
- Door Locks – Nothing is worse than leaving home and not remembering if you locked the door. No need to turn around and go back home to check. Just log on to your SmartHome app and see if you locked the doors. If not, you can lock them from your phone. Another advantage is if you have a guest arriving and you haven’t quite made it home yet. Simply unlock the door from wherever you are to let them in. The app also makes it easy to lock the doors from upstairs if you’re ready for bed and don’t feel like walking through the house.
- Sensors – Be alerted when sensors are activated directly on your app. Let the front door sensor tell you when your kids arrive home from school if you’re still at the office, or use a motion sensor activator to let you know if somebody is on your front porch. You can immediately switch over to the Camera part of the SmartHome app to check who is there.
To make the app even more complete, you can combine functions together into one easy click. Imagine having a single button to push before going to bed that locks all of the doors, closes the garage, turns off all of the lights and changes the temperature on the thermostat. With SmartHome now being included in every new home from Cristo Homes, this will be a reality.
For more information, or to check out a 360 degree degree virtual tour of a SmartHome enabled house, head over to InterLogix’s website at http://www.interlogix.com/ultrasync-smarthome